Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# of Openings:
Portland, OR (South East)
Creates and maintain clinician and resource templates for Family Medicine East Portland. Coordinates coverage for provider time off and student placement.
Organize, plan, and assist with the administrative activities of the Medical Director. Effectively interface with persons at every level of the university, the medical community and outside community members in order to coordinate and carry out the duties of the position. Includes maintaining a close working relationship with the FMR Board and management of the clinic.
Assist in gathering information and planning agendas for Richmond Board of Directors meetings, Board subcommittee meetings, and other meetings. Take minutes for a variety of meetings.
Coordinate Human Resource needs for the clinic including but not limited to submitting requisitions, update personnel files, track for hiring and termination of employees.
Retrieve, sort and distribute a high volume of electronic (via RightFax) and paper faxes, determining priority and appropriate timely distribution. Support providers and care teams in using electronic RightFax processes and electronic routing in the EMR. Patient paperwork management. Balance daily payments for clinic and pharmacy.
Schedule and reschedule patients as needed. May assist with check in and check out process in clinic
Stock, organize and maintain inventory of supplies and equipment. Function as computer Network Contact. Schedule meetings and order food as needed.
Other duties as assigned
- Four years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An Associate’s degree or certificate in office occupations or office technology and two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree and two years of general office or secretarial experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Note: Successful completion of a formal OHSU Administrative Internship Program will substitute for one year of experience.
- Experience in a medical setting.
- At least two years of business related experience.