Oregon Health & Science University
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Sr. Employee Relations Partner (Sr. Partner, ACC)
# of Openings:
Portland, OR (Marquam Hill)
- Respond to reported concerns, support the investigation process, provide consultation, facilitation, and guidance on a variety of employment and labor relation matters. Maintain appropriate confidentiality.
- Resolve complex or sensitive employee and labor relations issues, including those relating to conflicts, attendance, code of conduct issues, and performance concerns, as assigned . Partner with other experts in HR, Legal, OCIC, Integrity and Public Safety to ensure a holistic understanding and approach to the situation.
- Manage and maintain cases and documentation in the employee relations system.
- Operate as the team lead for ACC Partners/Coordinator by monitoring department case load, identifying education needs for the team, Human Resources, and the organization, developing, managing, educating, and modifying assigned processes/procedures, assess cases, serve as a resource for the team, and provide feedback on team performance.
- Conduct Investigations for higher levels of leadership within all areas of the organization.
Next point of contact for customers when there is a concern regarding the management of their case.
Responsible for completing department projects related to organizational initiatives.
Attend grievance meetings, provide guidance and recommendations for grievance responses.
Consult with Labor Relations on complex grievances and difficult cases.
Support the organization by providing equitable, timely, and consistent interpretation and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employee and labor relations matters, performance management conversations and documentation, conflict resolution, discipline, grievances, arbitrations, and other employee relations services.
Build a collaborative relationship with the organization by providing exceptional service to each mission.
Apply a diversity, equity, and inclusion lens to identify themes and trends, design and deliver interventions, and drive continuous improvement in organizational strategies and effectiveness of Employee Relations.
Coordinate with OCIC (Office of Civil Rights Investigations and Compliance) and Occupational Health to provide the needed support for reasonable accommodations and ensure associated situations are identified prior to making employment decisions on items related to accommodation requests.
Recommend and draft new and updated policies, procedures, and bargaining concepts;
Participate in collective bargaining at the direction of the labor relations team.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, HR or related field, and/or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training; AND
- 5 years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to conduct investigations, in a respectful and professional manner, while upholding OHSU values, procedures, and documentation standards.
- Experience working in a unionized healthcare or education environment, is preferred.
- Expert-level knowledge and application of federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Ability to lead and develop a small team of HR professionals toward shared goals.
- Ability to guide leaders in making employee relations decisions which are in alignment with the organizations policies and procedures as well as legal obligations.
- Willingness and ability to provide training to leaders.
- Effective conflict resolution skills and the ability to navigate sensitive, emotional, and/or difficult situations with empathy.
- Ability to draft concise and factually accurate reports and documents.
- Knowledge of investigatory best practices and ability to understand how different perspectives, experiences, and cultures affect the situation and investigation process. Ability to develop and maintain an equitable and inclusive workplace through interactions, decisions, and recommendations.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation.
- Master’s degree in related field