Provides advance professional services related to diagnosis and treatment of inmate patients. Coordinates the delivery of clinical health care within an administrative region of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center Correctional Health System ensuring that the appropriate health care is accessible and provided in a timely fashion. Works under the administrative directions of the Chief of Professional Services with wide latitude to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Serves as the final psychiatric authority in matters of regional discussions for Managed Care. Directs, coordinates, and ensures the provision of the full range of psychiatric care for the Managed Care Division.
- This position will also includes a secondary appointment as an Assistant Professor. This position will be responsible for training students and residents from the TTUHSC Department of Psychiatry within the Managed Care system using evidence-based practices. This includes teaching medical students and residents through both didactics and supervision of patient care on forensic psychiatry.
- Provides necessary leadership to achieve established goals and reach mutually beneficial agreements among unit disciplines, serves as the Regional "prime mover" to ensure requirements and goals are met in a timely manner.
- Persists in leading change and system improvement by Monitoring operations of mental health clinics, reviewing and interpreting monthly reports, reviewing charts and inspecting clinics. Compiles and analyzes relevant data and statistics, and prepares action/performance reports as needed.
- Reviews the functioning of each regional unit's medical operation to ensure access to care and quality of care in maintained.
- Ensures organizational goals, updates, guidelines, and policies are communicated throughout the regional/functional team.
- Provides administrative oversight and monitoring of assigned employees and works with HR and other leaders to make wise personnel decisions.
- Assures compliance with external auditing standards, executive and administrative directives, access to care, and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Performs duties as a Correctional Psychiatrist.
- Acts as TTUHSC psychiatric representative at all Regional and Statewide Committee meetings as directed. Chairs such meetings as appointed.
- Responsible for the provision of the regional provider Montford On-Call Schedule. Acts as secondary back up in regional call complex.
- Delegates responsibility and specific duties to appropriate personnel and assures that all duties delegated are performed.
- Performs a variety of duties as assigned to include coverage of proximate units as needed.
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency certificate.
- Current license to practice medicine by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners.
About Texas Tech Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) Managed Care:
- Trained and board certified in forensic psychiatry
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and operational support to correctional facilities throughout West Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000 patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care HERE
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the
Values of TTUHSC
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
- Competitive salary with market-based increases
- Comprehensive health plans and other core insurances
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule.
- State of Texas TRS Retirement Plan
- Eligibility for student loan forgiveness.
- 100% employer paid Professional Liability insurance
- Annual all-inclusive allowance for CME/Professional Development
- See our full list of benefits HERE
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx .