Responsible for all sales and Business development for the Midwest region. Responsible for contract administration. Responsible for all sales, estimating and business development activities for the Midwest Region. The VP of Sales - Midwest reports directly to the COO/President - Midwest.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Leads the sales function on consulting and advising client needs with schedules, pricing, and finishes.
- Review pricing and identify issues on projects that other sales personnel are working on.
- Responsible for developing strategies to influence new clients and markets. Leads the sales initiatives relative to new product introductions, including crafting and delivering a compelling value proposition, expanding share through displacing existing building products and systems, and securing recognition of Wells' as an inventive solutions provider.
- Monitor contract status for all projects. Evaluates alternative approaches when project timelines change.
- Reviews contracts to determine correct language. Ensures contract language is balanced yet protects Wells' interests.
- Review schedule risks with engineers, production, and field services and collaborate on project timelines.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the division and leadership team. Develop plans and strategies for achieving the Midwest region's budgeted sales and profitability goals. Guide the sales team by capitalizing on existing customer relations, identifying new markets and opportunities for growth. Define and execute sales processes that drives sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required. Create a culture of success by driving sales and specific goal achievement. Responsible for advertising and promotional projects for the Midwest.
- Responsible for all data including but not limited to Precast Evolution, Power BI, and Microsoft dynamics CRM.
- Leads the Midwest Sales team through effectively communicating objectives / expectations, providing feedback and coaching, and driving accountability for results.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Proven ability to develop sales strategies and processes that positively differentiate products and services from the competition and increases market share.
- A background in effectively leading a team of sales and estimating professionals, including coaching employees to help ensure their success.
- Ability to lead during high stress situations.
- Needs to make decisions in a timely manner to maintain customer relationships and keep production plant active.
- Know and understand the language used in contracts to reduce the risks of lawsuits or failure to perform contractual obligations.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution. Understand what the clients are asking for and determining if the company can meet their needs.
- Must be able to determine which projects would be most beneficial to the company.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Maintain required corporate reporting forms.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / ADA ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Construction Management, or equivalent
- 7-10 years of concrete sales experience preferred, with at least 3 years in a leadership role preferred.
- Possession of valid stat driver's license and the ability to operate a motor vehicle
- Regularly lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 35 pounds
- Extensive use of keyboard and focusing on text/images displayed on a computer monitor
- Plant and jobsite environment exposure
- Must be able to remian in a stationary or standing position 50% of time
- Ability to observe details at close range
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells values our employees and is committed to providing a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. We offer paid holidays, health, dental and vision insurance, as well as flex spending for medical and daycare, a health savings account, and 401(k) plan with profit sharing. We'll also pay your premium for short- and long-term disability, and life insurance.*
*Please note that the benefits listed here are for non-union employees. Benefits for union employees are covered under separate collective bargaining agreements which can be obtained through their union business agent or their HR representative.
Wells is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, or protected Veteran status.