Contributes to the university's mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
* Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
* Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions; utilizes specialists and referrals as appropriate.
* Trains and supervises residents and students as appropriate; May manage the daily operations of a specific medical program, patient care unit, or research function.
* Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
* Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety environment, and/or infection control standards.
* As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education, and/or prevention programs.
As assigned by the department chair.
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate's intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity
Resume / CV
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx.
|Employer||Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center|