The Project Manager manages small to large enterprise-level projects that have department or enterprise-level importance, moderate to high risk and risk interdependencies, several interrelationships, and moderate to high costs associated with delivery. The Project Manager supports projects of major complexity as part of a program team in support of higher-level project or program managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Healthfirst Cares Director in the creation, implementation, launch, and operations of innovative clinical programs underneath the Healthfirst Cares umbrella
- Organizes and leads the project team through the entire project life cycle.
- Works with internal and external teams as applicable to ensure business needs are clearly understood and the technology implemented meets the needs and expectations of the business
- Conducts project estimate sessions with project stakeholders to drive project estimates and challenges estimates where appropriate to ensure accurate effort estimates by functional areas
- Creates and maintains a detailed project plan for all aspects of the project based on delivery methodology and project impacts to secure tasks and dates
- Manages project execution, resource deployment and overall coordination efforts to ensure projects are completed on schedule and to budget
- Creates and manages the artifacts required for governance approval for medium to large-scale projects
- Establishes and actively manages all project and key stakeholder expectations and relationships
- Manages deliverables from all functional teams ensuring they meet the defined timeline and quality based on project guidelines
- Deploys project management principles and techniques to establish and maintain control of the project
- Tailors the use of specific project management techniques to each assignment (e.g. emphasizing risk management, or change management)
- Reports status to the Project Sponsor, and escalates changes, issues, risks for resolution as needed
- Collaborates with resource managers to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget
- Achieves project objectives in conformance with Healthfirst project management methodologies and standards.
- Coaches and mentors Project Managers and Coordinators
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing cross-functional projects that yielded meaningful results
- Experience engaging and communicating with key stakeholders including senior-level leadership
- Experience with project change management, portfolio risk management, project communication management and organization change management
- Experience using an enterprise project management system such as MS Project Server and MS Project
- Master's degree from an accredited institution
- Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment
- Experience in managing or working on projects across multiple departments using an SDLC methodology and Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience in managing a team of people and/or in leading a team to achieve results
- Experience with application and/or systems implementations or upgrades
- Industry work experience in healthcare such as hospital, managed or long-term care, insurance, government or other healthcare agency
- Experience working with one or more Medicaid managed care plan products, such as Family Health Plus (FHP), Eastern Benefits System (EBS) and/or Federal Employee Program (FEP)
- Knowledgeable of Department of Health (DOH) and Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Experience leading teams focusing on professional growth and development and organizational goals
Please note: Since we care so greatly about our employees' and members' wellbeing, Healthfirst is moving to a fully vaccinated in-office environment. You must be vaccinated to work in our offices, even if you are partially remote. If you are selected to interview for this role, we will explain our vaccination policy and ensure you are comfortable moving forward with further interviews based on your work location.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disability Act or a similar law and want a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to careers@Healthfirst.org or calling 212-519-1798 . In your email please include a description of the accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a position within Healthfirst Management Services will be reviewed at the e-mail address and phone number supplied. Thank you for considering a career with Healthfirst Management Services.
EEO Law Poster and Supplement
All hiring and recruitment at Healthfirst is transacted with a valid "@healthfirst.org" email address only or from a recruitment firm representing our Company. Any recruitment firm representing Healthfirst will readily provide you with the name and contact information of the recruiting professional representing the opportunity you are inquiring about. If you receive a communication from a sender whose domain is not @healthfirst.org, or not one of our recruitment partners, please be aware that those communications are not coming from or authorized by Healthfirst. Healthfirst will never ask you for money during the recruitment or onboarding process.