Tacoma Public Schools
Additional Information: In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's announced Proclamation 21-14.1 on August 18th, 2021, all K-12 school district employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th, 2021. Candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment with Tacoma Public Schools will be required to submit proof of vaccination status in compliance with Governor Inslee's mandate, prior to official hire with the district. Individuals qualifying for a medical and/or religious exemption outlined under the Governor's directive will be required to provide proof of exemption prior to official hire with the district. Tacoma Public Schools Human Resources will work directly with candidates to finalize proof of compliance with the Governor's mandate prior to official hire.
Additional Resources and Information:
• Press Release from WA Governor's Office
• Proclamation by the Governor: COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
• OSPI Vaccination Requirement FAQ
• Vaccine Mandate FAQs
• DOH Vaccine fact sheet
Hours will not exceed 15 per week. Hourly rate is $13.99
Hours to be scheduled for Mondays; Tuesday; Wednesday
1. Types, files, photocopies and performs a variety of clerical activities in the health room and school office.
2. Maintains updated student health records. Including emergency contact telephone information and other pertinent data; prepares various reports as requested.
3. Maintains log of student entering the health center; updates computer immunization report on each student sent to Health Services.
4. Assists in the care of ill and injured student in accordance with established guidelines; refers complex problems to the Principal or designated school nurse.
5. Assists in maintaining health and supply rooms to ensure organization and proper inventory of materials; distributes supplies to classrooms as directed.
Education and Experience
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
Required Licenses/Special Requirements
Job Locator Number: D4123
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Tacoma School District administration has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the primary functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Tacoma Public Schools does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator: Lisa Nolan, 253-571-1252, firstname.lastname@example.org; Title IX Coordinator: Eric Hogan, 253-571-1191, email@example.com; and 504 Coordinator: Elementary, Elise Friedrich-Nielsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, 253-571-1096; Secondary, Cari Ake, email@example.com, 253-571-1225. Address: P.O. Box 1357, Tacoma, WA 98401-1357.
HRInfo@tacoma.k12.wa.us, (253) 571-1250
|Employer||TACOMA PUBLIC SCHOOLS|