|Job type||Full Time|
The Production Planning Manager plans, organizes and directs the efforts of planning, scheduling, monitors analysis, design, development, ordering, and inventory to meet contracting delivery schedule for Manufacturing and Production Departments.
Essential Job Functions:
• Manage and direct project production planners, data management specialist, and tool and parts attendants.
• Develop, implement, and maintain master and intermediate production schedules. Identify task interdependencies with the Project Manager and Production Manager.
• Develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) base master production manufacturing orders to ensure product development meets contract requirements, to include, labor skill requirements, estimated labor hours, bills of material, quality assurance requirements, technical data requirements, and special tool requirements.
• Interface and coordinate with engineering and manufacturing departments to ensure, a) component and system design schedule meets the production schedule; b) system hardware requirements meet performance specifications; c) installation and post-installation discrepancies are identified and resolved; and, d) technical data package development, revisions changes and maintenance support the production schedule.
• Assist as required in preparation, planning, and participation in Contractor Preliminary Inspection (CPI), Government Preliminary Inspection (GPI), Hardware Software Inspection (HSI), and other related inspection /audits.
• Identify schedule issues regarding potential technical, budget, and schedule conflicts and provide inputs to management.
• Analyze and interpret instructions, standards and drawings, and develop manufacturing work orders.
• Interface and coordinate with purchasing to ensure, a) bill of material procurement delivery dates support the production schedule; b) material costs are accurate and reflected in cost projections; and, c) follow-up action(s) are taken on critical material requirements.
• Interface and coordinate with the Government Property Administrator to ensure the receipt and shipment of government furnished equipment is timely and in accordance with the contract.
• Interface and coordinate with the Program Manager the development and preparation of inputs into the Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), In Process Review (IPR), and other program reviews.
• Coordinate with business development to perform slot planning for future work.
• Communicate updated work demand signals between program management and production.
• Develop and maintain resource and capacity plans for manufacturing and production to meet project schedules.
• Coordinate with program and department level leadership to determine project prioritization.
• Develop and implement planning process improvements across product lines to increase efficiency of operations.
• Safely handles government-furnished equipment and materials.
• Works a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
• Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must demonstrate the professionalism and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationship with upper management, peers, subordinates, support function personnel, and customers.
• Must possess a working knowledge of military and commercial training device and related publications, technical data, and material requirements.
• Demonstrate the ability to become knowledgeable of in-house financial, labor, and production reports.
• Must be knowledgeable of government regulations, contract processes, and requirements which impact LSI's business plans and activities as a federal contractor.
• Practice good business etiquette in oral and written communications.
• Capable with personal computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project), scanners, printers, copiers, and other related office equipment.
• Ability to travel on short notice as the job requires.
• Knowledge of quality processes and the ability to assess the implementation of LSI's quality policy as it relates to the production effort.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must demonstrate good judgement, problem solving skills, devotion to quality, and team building skills.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance when required by the contract.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Business-related field is preferred, or high school diploma or equivalent plus four (4) years in Project Management, and/or Project Planning, and Estimating.
• Two (2) years experience in production planning management required.
• Three (3) or more years experience on an LSI Project Production Team preferred.
LSI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer offering excellent benefits and competitive salaries commensurate with experience. Offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment background verification and drug testing.
|Employer||Logistic Services International, Inc|