Reports to: Office Manager
The front desk clerk/receptionist performs routine clerical, secretarial and administrative work in answering telephones, receiving the public, providing customer assistance, data processing, and record-keeping.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Develops and maintains office forms and procedures and assists with administrative tasks.
2. Answers central telephone system and directs calls accordingly and turns system to night-mode at the end of each day.
3. Receives the public and answers questions, in person and by telephone; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers when necessary to the appropriate person, official or department. These tasks will be completed using a polite and positive voice and disposition.
4. Operates all office machines as required such as shredding, copy machine, fax.
5. Prepares outgoing mail; sorts and distributes incoming mail.
6. Prepares outgoing shipping, Fed Ex's, UPS's, etc.
7. Delivers incoming shipping from Fed Ex's, UPS etc.
8. Manages the machines used for mail and shipping and keeps them turned off and on as directed.
9. Duplicates and distributes materials.
10. Composes, types and edits correspondence, reports, memoranda and other material.
11. Maintains and stocks office supply inventory, kitchen inventory and board/conference room inventory daily.
12. Assist with accounts payable by coding/entering information and files a variety of documents.
1. Communication Proficiency
2. Ethical Conduct
5. Time Management
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This would require the ability to lift boxes, lift files, open filing cabinets, walk, stoop, bend, kneel and stand as necessary. Regularly lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 1:00p.m. or 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and occasionally 6 to 8 hour days.
No travel is expected for this position
Required Education and Experience
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Some receptionist or related experience.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship, or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
|Employer||The Spanos Corporation|