The Housekeeping Coordinator assists with all office duties of the housekeeping department such as answering calls, inventories, coordinating dry cleaning service, ordering, preparing boards, coordinating work orders and guests requests and serves as the primary dispatcher for Housekeeping and Engineering departments. Position works with managers and employees to carry out procedures for a clean resort. Ensures guest satisfaction and maximizes the financial performance of the department.
- Answers all incoming calls within three rings and handles all inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- Has a positive and upbeat attitude and approach throughout their shift.
- Always use proper telephone etiquette, allows smile to be heard over the phone
- Issue and renew employee key card as needed and maintain security log
- Enters time clock edits into computer system following time edit policies and procedure
- Assist Director of Housekeeping in managing daily activities
- Act as liaison to coordinate the efforts of housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, Spa, Villas and Laundry.
- Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms, communicate appropriately to the Front Desk
- Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes in assignment sheets and work boards
- Communicate issues to the next shifts
- Prepare daily reports for morning meetings
- To be knowledgeable with all operating department hours and all services offered at Rancho Valencia
- Order office supplies as needed
- Monitor 2 way radio system and follow the radio etiquette at all times
- Maintain proper inventory levels of all required supplies for the housekeeping and laundry department
- Maintain excellent communication with other departments
- Speak with others using clear and professional language and answer phones using appropriate phone etiquette
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests service needs
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
- Establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships with employees
- Follows all injury reporting guidelines
- Actively participates in Safety Programs and abides by all injury reporting and safety behavior.
- Participates in and supports hotel efforts towards community service, sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Excellent, professional phone etiquette
- Ability to communicate in English with vendors, guests and staff to their understanding
- Ability to perform multiple activities simultaneously
- Basic computer skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to type 25 wpm
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible work schedule including weekends, holidays and AM shifts
- Valid CA Driver's license and ability to operate golf carts and hotel cars
- Prior Five Diamond Resort and Spa experience
- Dynamic and personable
- Previous experience in Housekeeping
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardizations exist.
- General computer skills
- Ability to focus attention to details.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of hotel guests and pertinent hotel information.
- Ability to ensure security of guest room access and hotel property.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through.
- Ability to resolve problems using good judgment
- Ability to communicate in foreign languages
- Ability to communicate in Spanish
- Previous Resort grand opening experience
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing. Have frequent need to perform standing and walking activities related to inspecting property.
- Constant need to perform the following physical activities: grasping, turning, finger dexterity.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting/carrying up to 20 lbs. frequently and 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Vision requirements: constant need to view small print. Frequent need to see small details and things clearly beyond arms' reach.
- Hearing requirements: constant need to speak on telephone and/or two-way radio, respond to general public and converse with staff. Ability to hear fire alarms and emergency equipment.