Management & Corporate
Regular Full Time
Who We Are
An Elder Care Alliance Community
Mercy Retirement & Care Center
Do you enjoy working with seniors? Do you want to work in a setting where you are valued and appreciated? Mercy Retirement & Care Center is a vibrant retirement community located in Oakland. We provide senior assisted living, memory care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation services to meet a variety of health care needs. We pride ourselves on being a person-centered community and value our employees and residents. We are currently hiring.
About This Career Opportunity
It is Elder Care Alliance's goal to create an environment that allows older adults in need of assisted living, dementia care services or skilled nursing to live with dignity, respect, quality and meaning. This will be achieved through strong leadership, dedication and collaboration.
The Health Care Administrator has accountability for directing and coordinating all current operations of the Skilled Nursing Program at Mercy Retirement and Care Center. The Health Care Administrator will ensure the optimal performance of operations by continuously improving quality, cost, and occupancy.
Are You Qualified?
Here's what you need:
- Provides leadership to staff and volunteers to ensure high-quality, cost-effective care and services.
- Provides for the education of the skilled nursing staff and ensures support for the programs' human resources in a continuous improvement environment.
- Leads the Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives for skilled nursing to ensure the maintenance of Elder Care Alliance's high standards of care and regulatory compliance.
- Develops, monitors and manages operating and capital budgets. Reports any variances and plans to remedy to the Executive Director.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of federal, state and local legislation and accrediting/contracting agency policy, reimbursement, conditions of participation for Medicare and Medi-Cal programs and procedures related to programs. Teaches and trains others and ensures on-going regulatory and reporting compliance for all programs.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing and other department directors on operational and regulatory issues
- Works with skilled nursing staff to develop operational efficiencies and ensure compliance with current healthcare regulations.
- Establishes and maintains appropriate communication networks with other businesses, referral sources, the broader community, and government agencies to assure service levels and programs' viability, to enhance public awareness, and to foster cooperative agreements.
- Develops job descriptions; hires, schedules, supervises and counsels; evaluates, recommends promotions and compensation increases; conducts progressive disciplinary action up to and including termination of employees within areas of responsibility in compliance with personnel policies and procedures and in consultation with Vice President of Human Resources and the Executive Director of Mercy Retirement and Care Center.
- Participates in committees of the Board, and provides support, information, and assistance as needed.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities deemed appropriate by the Executive Director
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in one of the following areas; nursing home administration, public health, nursing, gerontology, social work or related field. Current California nursing home administrator's license, knowledge of services, facilities, regulations and reimbursement sources related to the care and services of elders and retirement communities.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and program development skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to form and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability and desire to work with elders.
- Ability to successfully work in a matrix reporting relationship. Excellent negotiating ability and political savvy.Five years experience as a single site Nursing Home Administrator, or alternatively, three years of multi site NHA experience.
"Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status"