The Fort Worth Water Department has a Field Service Technician job available in our Meter Services section. This is an entry level job and you will be responsible for providing quality in-field customer service and field work in a fast paced environment with a daily sense of urgency and quick response.
Field Service Technician job duties include:
- Read water meters and accurately record consumption.
- Conduct thorough field investigations regarding water leaks, high bill concerns, and meter related concerns.
- Perform a variety of manual tasks including replacing,installing and locking water meters, setting or adjusting meter boxes, repairing water leaks, and replacing cut-off valves.
- Work independently, route your own work, and complete all assigned work orders by end of each shift and provide detailed notes on work orders.
- Deliver delinquent account notifications to customers.
- Read and understand maps to get to customer locations.
- Be on a pager rotation for emergency work orders and w ork after hours, weekends, in all weather conditions and overtime as needed.
Minimum job requirements include:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Two years of increasingly responsible experience mechanical, plumbing, irrigation system repair, water meter repair, installation or reading of meters.
- Possession of a valid Class C Texas Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and physical prior to job placement, which includes lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds frequently, up to 60 pounds of force occasionally and up to 100 pounds of force occasionally.
- Must pass a computer test (MS Word and Excel) as well as a hands on mechanical test prior to job placement.
- Able to obtain a TCEQ Class C Water Distribution license within one year of hire.
- Previous plumbing, mechanical, oil field, utility, or construction field work experience.
- Knowledge and experience using a work order system.
Closing Date/Time: 5/30/19