Position at Flatirons Health & Rehab
As the Certified Dietary Manager (CDM), you will run the day-to-day operations of the dietary department, manage food service employees, provide nutrition consulting, meal planning, and be in control of inventory, budgeting and purchasing.
Ideally, this person possesses leadership skills, good communication skills and is highly organized.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Create creative and compliant menus
- Ensure that food is attractive, appetizing and tasty
- Ensure meals are served to residents according to physician's orders
- Keep food inventory stocked to ensure all items are needed to prepare foods on the menu
- Make sure kitchen, kitchen equipment and dining areas clean, sanitized, orderly and attractive
- Participate as a member of the care planning team, to ensure dietary compliance with goals and approaches set forth in care plans for residents and patients
- Ensure that all infection control procedures are maintained in preparation and storage of food and equipment
- Recruit, hire, train, retain and develop dietary staff
- Prepare monthly schedule to ensure adequate staffing for cooks and dietary aides
- Maintain a weekly cleaning schedule
- Maintain accurate accounting of dietary budgets and expenses
- Develop positive working partnerships with third-party vendors and contracted services
- Assist in food preparation and serving for special events
- Ensure personal and staff compliance with residents' rights
- Ensure personal and staff compliance with all state and federal regulations, including bloodborne pathogens, infection control, hazardous materials, fire safety and OSHA
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Completion of approved dietary manager training course preferred
- 3+ Years of supervisory dietary experience or training within a healthcare or skilled nursing environment
- Skilled in development of menus, food preparation for large groups and managing dietary staff
- Kitchen environment in a long-term, skilled nursing, or assisted living facility
- May require walking and standing for up to 75% of the time
- Required to use assistance when attempting to assist, lift, or carry objects over 25 lbs.