DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Department of Health Services
Olive View-UCLA Medical Center
14445 Olive View Dr.
Sylmar, CA 91342
OliveView Medical Centeris seekinghighly qualified and self-motivatedIntermediate Clerks to fillvacancies invarious patient care areas.
Essential Job Functions
- Assists patient caregivers by providing clerical support for patient care activities
- Manages and triages heavy call volume from patients and other departments
- Coordinates all incoming and outgoing telephone calls in a courteous and helpful manner
- Distributes and reroutes correspondence
- Orders and maintains supplies and equipment for patient care and management
- Performs the duties of a receptionist in a courteous and helpful manner
- Demonstrates dependability and flexibility in meeting/scheduling needs of the unit including assignments to the other units
- Operates office machines such as personal computer, printers, telephones, fax machines, copy machines, etc., incidental to the performance of assigned duties
- Performs reminder calls for patients and sends correspondence to patients to follow-up on missed appointments
- Other duties may be assigned
bepermanent County of Los Angeles employee who have successfully completed their probationary period and currently hold the payroll title of Intermediate Clerk.
Candidates interested in transferring should attach the following with their application:
- Excellent customer service and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers, physicians and patients
- Strong verbal, written and telephone communication skills
- Excellent computer and organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Copies of the last two (2) performance evaluations
- Prime variance time report for the last two (2) years
All submitted documents will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates, based on the materials submitted, will be contacted for an interview.
If you are unable to attach the required documents online, you may fax or email your information to:
Tigre Meeks, Exam Analyst
(323)914 - 9110