: US-CO-Snowmass Village
# of Openings
: Regular Full-Time
Visit our charming village and enjoy convenient access to ski lifts from The Westin Snowmass Resort. Recreational and cultural experiences are available year-round, and Aspen and Snowmass mountains offer fulfilling activities. Our 236 rooms and 18 suites are serene retreats with village, resort, or slope views with available ski-in, ski-out access. As part of our team, you will have access to a ski pass that can be used in Snowmass and Aspen. We offer very competitive health insurance packages as well as vision and dental insurance. Our 401k plan offers employer with matching contributions. You can also have a free meal per each shift your work. If this is not enough, you will have the opportunity to interact with employees from all over the world as well as to participate in community activities and end of season parties. We welcome the opportunity to speak with you and show you our Westin family!
Assist Director of Finance in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
- Have knowledge of all job descriptions and SOP's relating to functions within department.
- Be able to perform all accounting functions in the event assistance is needed.
- May monitor scheduling of all accounting associates, including Night Audit.
- Ability to plan effectively in order to meet demands of both guests and staff
- Set priorities regarding training needs within the department.
- Accurately assess staff members' training needs and locate sources to provide training needed.
- Train and develop staff members in multiple areas.
- Ability to speak and write effectively in English.
- Ability to express thoughts clearly and concisely.
- Listen and absorb information correctly.
- Communicate well at all levels within the organization.
Relationships with Other Departments
- Manage associates and resources effectively.
- Effectively practice firm and fair associate treatment.
- Foster teamwork within the department.
- Identify and solve problems within existing time constraints.
Coaching and Counseling
- Use effective communication skills in order to work with department to reach common goal.
- Assist in building strong relationships with other departments throughout property through effective demonstration of communication, training, and listening skills.
Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Use sound judgment in making decisions.
- Determine proper atmosphere for coaching and counseling.
- Objectively analyze associate performance and determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Handle all disciplinary matters in accordance with policy and consistently with all associates.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Flow
- Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet HEI Corporate requirements.
- Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
- Participate in asset inventories.
- Maintain records storage area in compliance with record retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
- Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any other applicable tax liabilities.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including collection calls as needed.
- Verify credit cards are processed every night by night audit as needed.
- Verify cash deposits are made timely as needed.
Assist Controller as Needed
- Assist Controller with the Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts each period.
- Review any problem accounts with Controller and adjust entries to the general ledger.
- Help with any projects that may be requested.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- One year experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Finance and Accounting.
- B.S. in Accounting or Hotel Management.
- Analytical approach to problems with regard for detail and accuracy.
- Assertive personality.
- Sound administrative and managerial skills.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Have proficient training, coaching and counseling abilities.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.