# of Openings
: Regular Full-Time
Recently renovated and ideally positioned 15 minutes from both Denver and Boulder, The Westin Westminster provides convenient access to the 16th Street Mall and Pearl Street Mall, as well as abundant outdoor recreation afforded by the Rocky Mountains.
Our Vision is to be the premier employer in the hospitality sector between Denver and Boulder. We recently received the AAA 4 Diamond rating, and we offer free meals to our associates as well as monthly employee appreciation celebrations, incentives for excellent customer service, and discounted hotel stays. Apply today and join an outstanding hotel focused on providing the highest quality of hospitality to our guests!
Plan, organize and manage the in house details for large and small catering bookings (e.g. non-guestroom contracts, menus, set-up, etc.) Participate in creating Event Orders for meetings/functions, menu selections, additional details and all related requirements. Ensure maximization of room and meeting space, revenues, and profits while delivering a quality product. Focus on execution of all aspects of event planning including coordination from the post-signing of a catering contract forward, VIP needs, amenities, resumes, and event order details.
- Responsible for the management and planning of meetings/conventions and related activities.
- Attends Event Order (EO) and staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
- Achieve a minimum of 90% of productivity goals and 100% of activity goals, as established by management.
- Coordination of all catering business as developed by the Director of Catering and Convention Services and Catering Sales Manager.
- Contact and appropriately follow-up on all signed/contracted business within 5 working days.
- Determination and coordination of all event planning needs.
- Maintain well documented, accurate, organized and up to date file management in order to serve client and the employer in the most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develop customer profiles and maintains an effective trace system including trace dates and references resulting in superior account service and increased revenues.
- Develops strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness.
- Detail, up-sell and detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc.
- Prepare the appropriate resumes, EO's, and paperwork to ensure quality service.
- Manage function details and related activities to ensure that program requirements are satisfied.
- Anticipate and handle customer complaints and/or problems to ensure quality product delivery, customer satisfaction and repeat business.
- Improve hotel catering services' products through; (a) participate in the development of new sales tools, menus, themes, and decorations, (b) participate in the analysis of the strengths and weakness of our competitions product, and (c) analysis, understanding, and satisfaction of our customers' needs.
- Monitor and control individual client event budgets and details to maximize revenues and minimize expenses while ensuring delivery of a quality product.
- Work in liaison with the banquet and banquet kitchen departments to ensure timely deliverance and execution of the event.
- Attend and lead pre-event meetings.
- Coordinate the pre-convention between the client and hotel staff and review the details of the EOs with all parties.
- (1) year within the Hospitality Industry and specific experience in catering or convention services is preferred
- Computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word and Excel. Marriott CI experience is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines and develop strong relationships within the organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.