# of Openings
Project Management Office
Company Car Provided
UFG offers you an award-winning workplace and a trustworthy, financially stable company. While we've always known our commitment to employees and financial stewardship, it is good to have others recognize our dedicated efforts. We've been named an Iowa Top Workplace by the
Des Moines Register
for four consecutive years, and included on
"America's Most Trustworthy Financial Companies" every year since 2014. Additionally, UFG is a super-regional property and casualty insurer rated "A" (Excellent) by A.M. Best Company.
UFG is seeking a project manager to plan, organize, lead and monitor one or more projects to meet defined requirements or business specifications, with an emphasis on large-scale, high impact business intelligence projects. Manage cross-functional project teams by communicating a clear vision of project objectives, motivating the project team to achieve them and creating a project environment that enables peak performance by team members. Ensure appropriate management and stakeholder involvement throughout the life of the project.
- Prioritize and initiate projects that achieve our corporate strategic plans.
- Select and manage cross-functional project teams.
- Guide project team through all phases of project management methodology.
- Manage project scope.
- Maintain timely status reports.
- Coordinate acceptance testing of projects.
- Oversee the development and execution of system training for internal and external users.
- Keep current in new technologies.
- Regular attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree preferred and/or 5 to 10 years of relevant Project Management experience.
- Certified or working towards a PMI certification: PMP or CAPM.
- Demonstrable experience with the following is required:
- Balancing technical and business requirements
- Requirement management, quality assurance and change management
- Managing technology projects with dynamic project schedules
- Identifying risks and establishing mitigation strategies
- Integrating enterprise applications and identifying IT process gaps and reporting needs
- Working in an agile and waterfall environment
- Communicating regarding day-to-day tasks and issue tracking, reporting and facilitating resolution of issues and risks for all project activities
- Providing input into changes required to business and/or system requirements, change requests, project artifacts, as well as requirement gathering sessions
- Identifying efficiency and streamlining processes across an organization
- Providing technical advice and guidance
- Working on projects within a multi-client/partner environment, involving multiple highly inter-dependent applications and/or data sources
- Written and oral communication skills, as well as presentation skills to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with the following is preferred:
- Working with technology, data, databases, applications, and networking techniques, tools and practices
- Analytics or business intelligence tools, specifically Cognos
- Database and data warehouse design/architecture
- Defining data flow between source and target systems for a BI solution
- Defining KPI's, scorecards, and predictive analytics (preferably through a BI solution)
- Cognos mobile and Active reporting
- ETL design and data flows
- Analyzing existing business processes, designing and recommending process improvements to effectively harness the benefits of using technology;
- Creating process maps, process flows
- Creating conceptual, logical and physical data models for quality and adherence to standards
- Insurance coursework or designations in any of the following areas: General Insurance, Associate in Personal Insurance, Associate in Commercial Underwriting, Associate in Automation Information Technology or Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter