Parallel Technologies is currently searching for a dynamic Account Executive to manage and grow our building automation sales group. The primary responsibility of the Account Executive is to achieve gross margin goals by finding, qualifying and developing sales opportunities. Account Manager will work within a team to deploy provided sales strategies. Overall the Account Manager is responsible for following and executing the sales strategy within the established guidelines.
Developing new business relationships with End-User Clients to position and create a business case to utilize Parallel Technologies product solutions in their facilities. This individual must possesses the skills to communicate Parallels value proposition & the impact to the customers business objectives of when utilizing Parallels solutions within their facilities. Typical End-User decision-makers contacted include C-Level executives, VP of Operations, and Directors of Facilities. The individual will be responsible to also maintain/expand these relationships within assigned, existing client accounts, as well as find and develop new customer relationships through aggressive prospecting. This individual will act as a Trusted Advisor to customers across their enterprises.
The Individual in this role will also:
- Work directly with building owners to deploy standardization/integration strategies, reduce energy consumption, improve the indoor environment and extend the life of mechanical and electrical distribution equipment.
- Create and implement strategic sales strategies to successfully position Parallel to secure targeted projects in a competitive environment.
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed. Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Aggressively prospect for new business.
- Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Participates in civic and professional organizations to build a network of contacts to advance achievement of sales targets.
- Actively participate in sales department meetings, workshops and seminars. Keep current on market business and product trends. Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
- When managing current accounts, develop and deploy account management strategies and prepares annual technology roadmap for clients.
- Develops and builds long-term relationships.
- Expand the value of assigned accounts for all Parallel Technologies offerings.
- Focus on customer retention and satisfaction/loyalty.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Business or a similar field, although a combination of education (HS Diploma a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered.
- At least 3+ years of directly related Building Controls & Automation, HVAC or Lighting Controls.
- Understanding of Building Controls & Automation market and consumption model (Manufacturers, AE Firms, General Construction, Mechanical Contractors, etc.)
- Candidate must be extremely proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Work, & Excel, as well as ability to competently navigate CRM tools (pipeline, activities).
- Requires medium level of technical and financial expertise to effectively and independently apply solutions at defined margin targets.
- Related professional certifications preferred.
Salary description: Salary + Benefits
Employment Status: Full Time
Parallel Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.