Join a high performing digital team who are responsible for developing, testing, and implementing a strategy to reach and engage target audiences through digital channels like web, mobile, and social. You will learn new tools and and be a part of leading marketing intelligence software.
JOB SCOPE &
The Senior Software Developer is responsible for providing cloud based, consumer-focused application development to Targetbase's marketing clients. This typically includes marketing intelligence focused micro-sites, data centric APIs, data processing applications, email landing pages, and marketing focused dashboards. This requires both technical and business skills that include technical requirements, documentation, and development as part of the complete software development life cycle (SDLC). In addition, the Senior Software Developer has a solid Object Oriented (OO) and functional programming background with proven abilities to design and implement solutions utilizing appropriate design artifacts.
- Develops data-driven websites, standalone web services, APIs, and proprietary tools using .NET technologies
- Based on business requirements, develops detailed technical requirements; identifies missing details in the business requirements and engages the appropriate resource(s) for clarification
- Working with asynchronous and multi-threaded applications, including development, maintenance, and troubleshooting in multi-threaded and asynchronous environments
- Reviews technical designs and code to ensure sound decisions are being made.
- Targeting of developed application to cloud based deployment services such as Azure or AWS.
- Develops unit test cases and ensures successful test completion before delivery to QA team (unit tests should be thorough and cover all public methods and any functions dealing with business logic)
- Champion and evolve the SDLC to develop, execute, and continuously improve digital development practices and standards in collaboration with all major stakeholder and cross-functional roles.
- Coordinates with QA team to ensure quality deliverables; this includes delivering bug fixes, documentation, and appropriate dependency information with every release
- Consistently commits code updates to guarantee safety of code artifacts and minimize code dependency impact to other team members
- Contributes to the project estimation process
- Executes multitask projects and prioritizes accordingly, thereby ensuring project deadlines are met and deliverables are completed in a timely fashion
- Communicates requirements and status with other teams and competencies on an ongoing basis
- Acts as a technical resource for junior team members
- Quality and overall impact of deliverables: Strives to achieve executional excellence. Follows best practices such as good code commenting and separation of concerns. Delivers applications on time with all scoped functionality. Demonstrates quality through organization skills.
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Demonstrates a collaborative spirit and receives unsolicited, positive feedback
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Contributes to the growth of others. Number one focus is on client's business. Respect for the individual is at the core of all team interactions. Focuses on solutions versus challenges.
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency and Targetbase's integrated service offerings. Understands a technology-centric agency.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- 7+ years of related experience
- Experience should include the ability to produce standard architectural artifacts
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering, or Computer Science is required
- Development Tools/Platform
- Visual Studio 2017
- .Net Framework 4.6+
- ASP.NET / MVC
- Functional knowledge of IIS
- Source Control and Build Process
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Front-End/Web Technologies
- XML/SOAP/Web Services/WCF/RESTful Services
- AJAX (MS Ajax Toolkit)
- Data Access/Object-Relational Tools
- Microsoft LINQ
- Entity Framework
- SQL Server / SSMS
- Oracle / SQL Developer (strong plus)
- Object Oriented design - demonstrable knowledge of design patterns
- Functional Programming - understanding of main concepts and principals
After hours on-call as necessary