The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the execution of projects from conception through delivery, including managing scope and resources, scheduling, budget tracking, the development of project plans, and providing status. The Sr. Project Manager manages all factors that govern project success to ensure high-quality delivery within time, cost, and quality parameters.
• Works with multifunctional teams to define, estimate, and document the overall scope of assigned projects
• Manages the project delivery and approvals, resolving action items and issues
• Monitors progress against plan and proactively communicates variances
• Addresses issues related to scope, schedule, budget, or quality; may be responsible for documenting scope changes
• Provides information to account lead to successfully manage client expectations
• Defines, develops, and implements project management standards for Targetbase
• Adheres to established Targetbase project management standards and ensures compliance with processes
• Is the primary point of contact for assigned projects and contributes to or develops status reports and leads status meetings
• Schedules and leads project tollgates and deliverable review meetings and ensures that appropriate team members are involved
• Ensures team members have clear and concise written documentation
• May be responsible for client communications
• Manages relationships with third-party vendors, freelancers, and other appropriate partners
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Quality and overall impact of deliverables: Strives to achieve executional excellence. Ensures team's work is completed on time and within budget. Creates documents in a professional manner. Fulfills all client needs and requests. Maintains financial management for assigned projects.
- Team and/or client feedback and satisfaction: Develops strong working relationships with primary client and Client Service teams. Educates the team on the client's needs. Manages the team to limit amount of rework due to scope documents. Background and goal of project is always provided. Team members and client provide praise for work done.
- Commitment to vision and guiding principles of agency and competency: Number one focus is on client's business. Respect for the individual is at the core of all team interactions. Focuses on solutions versus challenges.
- Organizational and/or technical knowledge: Has appropriate knowledge of his/her core competency and Targetbase's integrated service offerings. Is an expert in knowing and understanding the abilities of the other competencies. Understands the financial system and fulfills all accounting requirements. Understands the work performed for the client by each competency. Knows available Targetbase resources and schedules resources when above current requirement.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITY
- 10 years of relevant, technical project management experience
- Experience working in a professional services firm is preferred
- Bachelor's Degree
- PMP Certification
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner
- Solid understanding of IT life cycle methodologies used to deliver assigned projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment where resources are often shared across projects
- Strong planning, organization, and coordinating skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid PC skills and Microsoft software experience (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project or other tracking and project management software
- Overtime as necessary
- Travel as necessary