|Job type||Full Time|
The City of San José, Information Technology Department, seeks a SharePoint Product Manager. This senior technical manager is responsible for leading City-wide services that provide enterprise content management, records retention, and collaboration tools. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical experience facilitating SharePoint deployment at an enterprise level.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity that presents important challenges, want to help a City thrive through collaboration technology, and have an excellent track record leading SharePoint solutions, this is the role for you!
This recruitment may be used to fill multiple positions in this, or other divisions or departments. If you are interested in employment in this classification, you should apply to ensure you are considered for additional opportunities that may utilize the applicants from this recruitment.
The ideal candidate will possess the following competencies, as demonstrated in past and current employment history. Desirable competencies for these positions may include:
1. Job Expertise – demonstrates knowledge of and experience with applicable professional/technical principles and practices.
· Three or more years of experience leading Enterprise Content Management deployments on SharePoint.
· Advanced knowledge and experience managing SharePoint as an Intranet, ECM/DM and collaboration platform.
· Deep technical and architectural understanding of administrative and functional capabilities of SharePoint 2007-2016, and SharePoint Online.
· Demonstrate ability to stay current with Application Architecture best practices, existing and emerging technology platforms, architectural and systems engineering industry trends.
· Ability to successfully work on and deliver multiple projects simultaneously, either independently or within a small team.
2. Project Management - Experience managing enterprise projects including project review, develop technical project plan, assign resources, and schedule of deliverables.
3. Leadership - Promotes a cooperative work environment by acting as a coach and mentor by inspiring and motivating others. Leads by example and serves as an appropriate role model.
4. Analytical Thinking - Approaches a problem or situation by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
5. Change Management - Demonstrates support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization's effectiveness; facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
6. Problem Solving - Approaches a situation or problem by defining the problem or issue; determines the significance of problem; collects information; uses logic and intuition to arrive at decisions or solutions to problems that achieve the desired outcome.
7. Communication Skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills.
The selection process will consist of an evaluation of the applicant's training and experience based on the application and responses to the Job Specific Questions. Only the candidates whose backgrounds best match the position will be invited to proceed in the selection process. Additional phases of the selection process will consist of one or more interviews, one of which may include a practical/writing exercise.
You will be prompted to answer the following job-specific questions during the online application process. Please note that there is a 4,000-character limit, including spaces, for each text response.
1. Please select the areas of technical competency where you have comprehensive enterprise level experience in designing, implementing, managing, and troubleshooting: (Check all that apply)
i. Office 365 and SharePoint Online
ii. O365 Groups
iii. MS Teams
iv. MS SharePoint 2013 Workflow
v. MS SharePoint On Premise 2013 or greater
vi. SharePoint Enterprise Search
vii. Windows PowerShell
viii. Information Architecture
x. SharePoint Managed Metadata and Term Store
xi. None of the above
2. From the technology you selected in the previous question, please describe a use-case that illustrates your hands-on experience with one or more of the technologies.
You must answer all job-specific questions in order to be considered for this vacancy or your application will be deemed incomplete and withheld from further consideration. In addition, please attach your resume as part of the application process. If you have questions about the duties of these positions, the selection or hiring processes, please contact Claudia Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Employer||City of San Jose|