Location: New York, New YorkAn education client here in NYC is looking for a Marketing Project Manager for a year long assignment
- This person will be managing print work - vendor management
- Looking for someone who is PMP certified and has experience working within waterfall
- Looking for someone who has worked with visual designers, print production, copy editors, etc.
- Need someone with an agency background
- This person will be managing clients, stakeholders and vendors
- Softwares: Microsoft Project experience - very fluent
- Need someone with good communication skills
- This person must be client or c level facing
- 3-5 years experience
- This person is not managing anyone directly and reporting to their Program Manager
This client is looking for a Director, Marketing Project Management to drive cross-functional project teams, project budgets and project schedules for the creation and execution of marketing campaigns, projects and publications. The Director is responsible for creating and maintaining a collaborative work environment, interacting with staff throughout all project phases and creating/monitoring detailed project plans and associated project deliverables.
Individuals in this role should have experience in defining, planning, scheduling and controlling project activities, applying creative and strategic thinking and project management skills to satisfy project requirements and should be able to proactively identify and manage risk. Problem solving and the ability to adapt current processes to meet campaign goals and requirements are essential elements of this position.
• Accountable for the execution, management and quality control of campaigns, publications, and multiple concurrent projects from concept to completion, ensuring all project goals and brand requirements are met
• Proactively communicates with project owners about production recommendations, risks, challenges, and solutions
• Must have led Agile teams, with a very strong familiarity in Agile/Scrum processes
• Drives collaboration and execution across groups
• Manages assigned projects to ensure that site content is current and accurate, acting both as an individual contributor and by leading or directing the work of other functional staff
• Exercises independent judgement and creatively addressing issues and ambiguous situations as they arise
• Employs a proactive approach toward project management, identifying needs that campaign owners may not recognize, ensuring that approaches and solutions are linked to goals, brand guidelines, and future needs
• Serves as a main interface on projects, clarifying strategic requirements, explains complex ideas clearly, and manages expectations
• Builds consensus across multiple parties to effectively deliver user-centric campaigns, projects, publications and products
• Clearly defines scope, roles, responsibilities and expectations at the onset of each project. Identify and escalate any scheduling issues, including rush projects, missed deadlines, etc.
• Creates and maintains detailed project plans and associated project deliverables. Ensures that projects are delivered on time, within budget and per quality standards.
• Demonstrates initiative and innovation; identifies and supports ways to improve processes through technology or new ways of thinking
• Highly organized, efficient and experienced in leading multiple projects, with attention to detail
• Ability to set priorities, manage workload in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to lead and work collaboratively as part of a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• PMP certification strongly preferred
• Scrum Master certification strongly preferred
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible work experience