Location: El Paso, TX
Date Posted: 01/04/2019
Education: Masters Degree
We are currently looking for an embedded Counselor to work directly with our service members and their families at Fort Bliss. As an embedded Military and Family Life Counselor (MFLC) you will provide the full breadth of MFLC Program counseling services to an assigned military unit.
* Provide non-medical, short-term, walk-around counseling
* Implement training/health and wellness presentations, and consultation to the brigade/regiments command regarding behavioral health issues with a unique understanding of the particular military unit, cultural and mission.
* Develop and manage the complex relationships necessary to successfully work closely with the command personnel and leadership hierarchy providing the highest level of consultative services.
* Provide assessment, brief counseling and consultation, action planning,and referral resources (assuring linkage as appropriate) and follow-up as indicated.
* Enter counselor activity data on a daily basis through smart phone, web, or fax to assure that reporting is accurate from assigned installation, while maintaining client/service member confidentiality.
* Cultivate and maintain direct, high level relationships with high level commanders and personnel within the assigned military unit, utilizing superior senior relationship management skills and recognizing the unique structure and mission of the assigned military unit.
* Responsible for the development of an excellent working relationship with the installation POC (Point of Contact), command, and the command POC.
* Create a presence within the brigade/regiment in which the service and family members feel comfortable approaching the counselor, recognizing the program to be confidential.
* Establish and maintain working relationships with community resources and provide appropriate linkages for service members and their families.
* Partner with POC to provide MFLC services in a manner that addresses the needs of the brigade/regiment.
* Manage duty to warn and restricted reporting situations according to DoD protocol and staffs the cases with Regional Supervisor/Regional Director.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Advanced knowledge of brief therapy and solution-focused child and youth counseling methods.
* 2-5 years of post-masters supervised clinical experience.
* Licensed at the independent practice level.
* CYB counselors must meet the MFLC CYB criteria for experience with children and youth and specialty in child and adolescent development/psychology.
* School assigned counselors must have past work experience in a school setting to qualify for assignment.
* Must be able to prove US Citizenship.
* Prior military service/military family member and/or strong familiarity with military culture
* Education: MA/MS/MBA
* License: Independent Clinical TX License
Browse All JCS Military Support Services Careers
JCS Military Support is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled
Title: Military and Family Life Counselor - Embedded
Work Type: CONTRACT
Ref. No.: 1180665-15
Company: JCS MSS, Inc.
Contract Contact: Heather
Office Email: email@example.com
Office Phone: 267-295-2229
Office Address: 950 E Haverford Road, Suite 100A, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
About Us: Registering on JCSMiltiary.com website portal is not a guarantee that contracting opportunities will be available and/or located. Use of our website is for information transfer only and is not an application, offer or commitment by either party. You are under no obligation to proceed. When and if opportunities become available, you may accept or decline such referrals at your sole discretion. Further steps are required to complete your registration with the appropriate legal entity.
|Employer||JCS Military Support Services, Inc.|