Staff - Human Resources
Monday through Friday, 8 hours per day
Essential Job Functions:
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Expertise:
- Sets up new physical employee files and maintains all files in compliance order
- Assists in setting up new employee data in HRIS; processes employee status changes in HRIS; documents personnel actions
- Assists in compiling and distributing weekly reports regarding to personnel changes.
- Provides HR team members with day-to-day administrative support as needed, and may assist other employee team members as needed
- Handles special HR projects as assigned, such as, open enrollment coordination, file audits, compliance audits, year-end file purging and storage, etc.
- Assists Recruiter with the onboarding for the Alaska region.
- Extracts and compiles data from HRIS as needed for all required reporting.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Demonstrated knowledge of accurate numerical and alphabetical filing organization
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in getting a task done
- Demonstrated professional demeanor
- Demonstrated good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to build positive team relationships
- Ability to treat all employees fairly and to retain sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Outlook, managing calendars and scheduling appointments.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Excel, Word and Power Point presentations using tables, graphs and basic formulas to report data.
Physical Demand/Work Environment:
- High School Diploma, or Equivalent
- Certificates from HR-related seminars, conferences and classes attended are valued, but not required.
- 1 year of HRIS data maintenance experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of administrative assistant work experience, preferably for an HR department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear. The incumbent frequently is required to walk and sit. The incumbent is occasionally required to stand. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Visual Acuity: must be adequate to perform all required Job Description tasks in a safe manner. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to quiet. Work is usually done in an office setting and sometimes at a client facility or job site.
The above job description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not however, be construed as a complete job listing of all duties, which may be required from day-to-day.