# of Openings
Pairwise believes healthy food should be affordable, convenient, and sustainable. We believe gene editing can be used to accelerate plant breeding and address global food challenges by leveraging the natural genetic diversity in agricultural crops. We are bringing the benefits of these new innovations both to producers and directly to consumers through the produce aisle of their local grocery store. Located in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, Pairwise was formed in 2017.
This internship program is designed to provide you with exposure to an innovative R&D environment in plant sciences. This is a great way for you to strengthen your skills in the areas of molecular biology, biochemistry, tissue culture, greenhouse, and lab operations.This internship opportunity will start May 13th and end August 2nd.
- Junior, Senior or graduate students currently enrolled in Agriculture, Horticulture, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or related programs who are interested in exploring plant science.
- Students who can effectively build relationships and thrive in a team-based environment.
- Students who communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and at all levels of the organization.
- Students who are self-motivated with a strong results orientation, including demonstrated initiative and meeting deadlines without sacrificing quality results.
- Students who are organized and confident in their ability to solve problems.
- Students who have demonstrated leadership inside or outside of school.
- Students who have a desire to learn and are willing to ask questions.
- Students who have experience in a lab environment or laboratory-based courses.
If this describes you, we invite you to apply! Please provide resume and cover letter. The cover letter should answer the follow questions below:
- What experiences have led you to be interested in this internship?
- What do you hope to learn during this internship? Be specific.
- Describe your technical experience most related to plant biotechnology or horticulture.
- Assist scientific research in the following areas:
- Gene Editing
- Protein Science
- Molecular Biology
- Plant Transformation
- Plant Growth and Maintenance
- Plant Genomics and Genetics
- Crop Science
- Work closely with scientists and research associates to use and maintain lab equipment.
- Learn and follow laboratory workflows and processes to ensure efficient and safe operations.
- Network and mentor with experienced professionals in plant science.