California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,400 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its ten award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Integral Counseling Psychology Program of the CIIS is searching for a Part-Time (50% FTE), Exempt, Clinic Manager for the Integral Counseling Center (ICC) on Church Street, a low-to-moderate-fee training clinic in San Francisco specializing in Gestalt, existential and related therapies. The Counseling Center Manager is responsible for conducting and managing the administrative, financial, and clinical aspects of the operation of the ICC. Along with supporting the Director in various ways including co-facilitating Gestalt group processes, the Manager creates and maintains an environment for optimal student learning while providing a valuable community resource.
This position requires strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and often stressful environment. It also requires the ability to meet students who embody multiple ways of being as our clinic attracts trainees and clients from various cultures, speaking a variety of languages, and embodying various identities and world views. The Manager must be able to work in collaboration with all staff to ensure that standards of quality in services, compliance with regulatory requirements, and overall program goals are met. The Manager also must demonstrate flexibility in regard to job duties and assignments, with the ability to work effectively - both independently and as part of a team -- to organize tasks, problem-solve and make decisions while handling multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct financial operations of the ICC, maintain bookkeeping system (income and expenses), make weekly deposits, manage petty cash, prepare monthly and annual financial reports, assess the financial needs of the ICC, and (with the Director) prepare the annual budget request to CIIS's Finance department
- Oversee upkeep of the ICC, order supplies, arrange machine maintenance
- Plan and conduct in-depth orientation for new ICC trainees
- Facilitate weekly business meetings for trainees
- Support Director as co-facilitator of weekly Gestalt group processes
- Supervise student committee responsibilities (e.g., PR/Outreach, Advertising, Retreat, ICC Facility Management)
- Coordinate with CIIS staff for fundraising activities, research grant options, and conduct marketing outreach
- Provide consultation and support to students around clinical and procedural concerns
- Supervise the contact and intake process
- Track trainee and intern caseloads
- Handle client referrals
- Coordinate logistics for retreats, open houses and other important community meetings and activities (must also be available to attend such events)
- Manage phone shift schedules, room schedule and logbooks
- Assign and oversee community jobs and phone shifts assigned to trainees
- Monitor record keeping systems and client files to ensure they are in compliance with legal and ethical requirements
- Respond to legal subpoenas and court/legal inquiries
- Handle client insurance
- Knowledge and experience in Gestalt therapy in both group and clinical settings, and the ability to model Gestalt values, principles and methods
- Previous management experience - ideally running and/or supporting a Director in a clinical setting
- Must possess strong organizational and management skills
- Must be able to work independently and be able to devise and/or recommend new systems
- Knowledge of the clinical, legal and ethical issues unique to the administration of a professional community counseling center/training facility
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Masters degree in Psychology (preferred), Social Work, or another closely-related field
- Must be registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences
- At least 500 hours of experience working in a low-to-mid fee community clinical setting
- Experience in Gestalt Therapy including a minimum of one year of personal individual therapy, two years as a Gestalt therapist (trainee, intern and/or private practice), and two years employment in a Gestalt clinical setting
- Experience interfacing with other professional psychological service providers (e.g., supervisor, case manager, psychiatrist, M.D.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate effectively and relate congenially with clinic staff and community members
- Experience with and competence in meeting difference - viewed through Gestalt Therapy, multicultural, queer, intersectional feminist and/or social justice principles, theories and/or lenses
- Prior work experience in a social services or healthcare setting highly preferred (ideally in a Gestalt clinical setting) as a direct client services provider (i.e., case management, social worker, or other)
- Minimum 2 years of experience with office operations management and/or executive support
- Minimum 2 years work experience managing staff, ideally in a clinical setting
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal and in therapy/group rooms, Wednesdays and various other weekdays as coordinated between the Clinical Director and Clinic Manager. Must be able to coordinate and attend occasional evening and weekend events such as retreats, open houses, and community meetings.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.