Manufacturing, Operations and Technology (IT) - North Carolina Plant
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
For a full list of our current openings, please visit our website www.amyris.com.
The role of QC Analytical Chemist, located in Leland, NC, will be responsible for conducting chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist in making qualitative and quantitative analysis of solid and liquid products. This is a Quality Control/Quality Assurance position in which the Chemist will perform in-process and final product testing as well as the drafting of quality related SOPs. The Chemist must be willing to work some overtime, including weekends and holidays.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programs, committees, or teams, and by conducting safety audits.
- Follow all company policies and procedures pertaining to ISO 22716—Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMPs) guidelines for cosmetics.
- Maintain clean instruments and equipment.
- Compile and interpret results of tests and analyses.
- Maintain an inventory of materials to maintain supplies.
- Prepare chemical solutions for products and processes following standardized formulas.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance to standards and specifications.
- Set up and conduct chemical and physical tests and analyses using techniques and instruments such as gas chromatography, auto titrators, KF titrators, tintometer, refractometer, viscometer, and others.
- Provide technical support and assistance to other chemists, mangers and engineers.
- Conduct sampling and analysis to maintain quality standards of raw materials, chemical intermediates, and products.
- Perform validation of analytical testing methods.
- Troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
- Perform weigh outs of Raw Materials.
- Assist in the technical transfer of analytical methods
- Supervise and train QC technicians as needed.
- Perform inspections on empty and filled containers.
- Perform Release Testing on Finished Products.
- Assist in performing and analyzing process development experiments—which involves the safe use of standard laboratory glassware, equipment and autoclaves commonly used for organic, organometallic and inorganic synthesis.
- Minimum of a BS in chemistry or related field
- A concentration in analytical chemistry is desired, but not required
- Experience in method validation and development is desired as well as troubleshooting of analytical instrumentation and software.
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures
- Excellent written and verbal skills