Monitor and coordinate all nursing and medical care of clients in the absence of the nursing manager. Represent nursing staff at committee meetings as required.
- Screen and assess each client for co-existing medical problems to assess risk factors affecting appropriate placement for treatment.
- Coordinate continuum of care if deemed necessary to include off-site medical consultations for all clients.
- Document and summarize individual nursing care for each client and communicate changes, progress, and/or immediate medical care to the medical director for weekly follow-up consultation.
- Facilitate and educate clients and family in a group process to include chemical dependency issues and mental health issues.
- Complete all task assigned by Executive Director, Medical Director, and/or Administrator when deemed necessary.
- Current nursing license.
- Current CPR/First Aide Certification.
- Prior experience with chemical addiction and/or mental disorders including psych pharmacotherapy.
- Prior knowledge and/or experience with regulations and standards including infection control, quality assurance, and patient care compliance for state licensure.