San Jacinto College
Equal Opportunity Statement:
The San Jacinto College District is committed to equal opportunity for all students, employees, and applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, pregnancy, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, genetic information, marital status, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.
Responsible for the operations, conceptualization, development, and execution of the CPET Glycol Unit, Process Simulation and Glass Laboratory. The Director, CPET Technology will report to and support the Associate Vice Chancellor CPET with input to the budget, equipment and supplies procurement, scheduling of users, and direction of the glycol unit, simulators and glass lab.
- Oversees the operation of the glycol unit.
- Oversees the creating and running of exercises/scenarios with the simulator systems.
- Works closely with system vendors to ensure optimal operations.
- Develops industry contacts for expanding the use of the glycol unit, glass lab and simulations.
- Collaborates with Department Chairs and Program Directors to ensure safe and efficient utilization of all CPET laboratories.
- Act as industry liaison with future technology advancements.
- Works with the Directors of CPET incumbent worker training to ensure appropriate delivery of courses to support student success.
- Develops reports that demonstrate attainment of CPET objectives.
- Perform industry research to understand current needs.
- Counsels prospective and/or continuing students.
- Develop a management plan that ensures the longevity and sustained of the glycol unit.
- Collaborates with San Jacinto College Maintenance Director for CPET facilities, equipment and labs in step with standard industry practices, efficiency and in safe working condition.
- Represents the best interest and image of San Jacinto College.
- Works with Associate Vice Chancellor, Dean, Department Chairs and other program directors to coordinate Advisory Committee meetings that includes industry, and other relevant associations to set and achieve college and industry workforce goals pertaining to education and training of students for the maritime industry.
- Works closely with the Dean and AVC to refresh our CPET strategies and objectives.
- Stay abreast of technology advancements in petrochemicals and energy. Apply these learnings to CPET.
Must be able to work with distillations systems and associated equipment. Must have working knowledge DCS. Effectively demonstrates proficiency in asset efficiency and cost effectiveness. Thorough knowledge of management and leadership principles and practices with the ability to work in a culturally and ethnically diverse office and industry outreach environments.
- Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering
- Five (5+) years of experience overseeing the running, maintaining and troubleshooting plant assets.
- Bachelor's in Chemical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
- Ten (10+) years working in an EHCMA site. SHE leadership.
Salary is based on the Board-approved salary schedule for the current fiscal year.
See Salary Schedule
Posting Close Date: